At the heart of this research lies the simple recognition that public policy cannot be delivered successfully without effective communications. And that this requires increased engagement and dialogue with public audiences.
This report provides a comprehensive, global overview of how government communicators in 50 countries are thinking about citizen engagement, the challenges they face, how they are addressing them, and what issues lie behind the challenges identified.
There is already a well-established canon on the many different methods of citizen engagement. This report is not intended as a contribution to this particular field, but is a global overview of how the professionals charged by governments with communicating with the public are thinking.
We work with our government clients across the world on the next generation of public policy challenges. We help them to deliver effective outcomes by putting the citizen at the heart of every solution, driving public satisfaction and increasing public trust. We create high-performing public communication functions, putting in place the strategy, people, processes, structures and tools for success.
- Benchmarking how your organisation is performing against global best practice and your peers, using The Leaders’ Report global dataset
- Strategy planning and development to articulate a clear purpose and objectives for communication, monitored against relevant KPIs with rigorous evaluation processes
- Citizen engagement evaluation and consultancy to quantitatively analyse how well citizens are connected to government, and to identify the greatest opportunities to impact them
- Skills, process and structure audits to identify gaps in capability, now and for the future
- Training to develop specific skills including behavioural insight, citizen engagement, digital communication, social media, analytics and evaluation
To discuss improving the performance of your public sector communication function, please get in touch with us at [email protected]